Friday, July 11, 2008
This was the piece that got the most compliments. Her name is Betty. It was one of the first monotypes I printed in this edition and originally it wasn't one of my favorites but I'm beginning to see why people like it. It doesn't have as many colors as the rest of the edition but maybe that is why it stands out.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
I have 12 in the BFA show. They are all monotypes printed on fabric and then mounted on 20x28 wood panels.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
It’s interesting how I’m starting to notice the artists that influence my style. I have become a big fan of Robert Rauschenberg and I see his Neo- Dada and pop art style in many of my works.
Monday, March 24, 2008
1. I was voted most unique in my high school for the yearbook.
2. If I look a letters quickly I don’t know the difference between the letter b and a d… They look the same to me because I’m dyslexic.
3. My grandma who had severe Parkinson lived with my family for 5 years when I was a kid. I spent a lot of time with her and taking care of her. We were like siblings.
4. I love watching old black and white movies probably due to number 3. Also the men were gentlemen and the women were all so glamorous.
5. I use to have to go surfing for my parents to buy me school clothes.
6. I think it would be fun to be a racecar driver. I like driving fast and for long distances.
7. I once won a hula-hoop contest.
Oh and these are some great portraits done by one of my one favorite people Maddy Lucas. She’s a wonderful photographer and she let me be her model for one of her assignments. It was a little cold out that day.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho, which is a great little museum in Idaho Falls, is having a show on printmaking from now until April 12Th. The whole show is to make people more aware of printmaking and all the different processes. The museum is also hosting some of the work done by my advanced Printmaking class. This is one of the pictures of our class from last Thursday which was opening night. My class was all so thankful for this opportunity to show and even sell our work. I loved just being there with other artist and people who appreciate art and being able to talk with them about printmaking and my work.
This was us a few days before the show when we were bringing our work to the museum and figuring out all the paperwork, labeling, and pricing. If you are ever want to check out the museum here is where you find all you need to know. http://www.theartmuseum.org/
Oh and thanks for the pictures lizzy!